Thursday, November 27, 2014

Maintenance Week


Macros
7 days this week:
  • 180-220g carbs
  • 145g protein
  • 60-70g fat
  • 2000-2300 calories

Workouts This Week

Day 1: Legs with Hamstring/Glute Focus
1. Sumo Deadlift | 4 x 8
2a. Romanian Deadlift | 4 x 8
2b. Floor Glute-Ham Raise | 4 x 6-8
3. Cable Pull Through | 4 x 8
4. Single Leg Lying Hamstring Curl | 4 x 8
5a. Single Leg Hip Thrust 3 x 8
5b. Cable Kickback | 3 x 8

Day 2: Back & Abs
All back exercises are 4 sets of 6-8 reps.
1a. Wide Grip Lat Pull Down
1b. Seated Row
2a. Single Arm Pull Down
2b. Single Arm Cable Row
3a. Straight Arm Pull Down
3b. Bent Over Fly

Abs
1a. Landmine 180 | 4 x 12
1b. Stability Ball Knee Tucks | 3 x 12

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Shoulders & Abs
All exercises are 4 sets of 6-8 reps
1. Barbell Military Press
2. Single Arm Linear Jammer
3. Cable Lateral Raise
4a. Cable Upright Row
4b. Cable Front Raise

Abs
1a. Stability Ball Knee Tucks | 4 x 10-12
1b. Cable Crunch | 4 x 10-12

Day 5: Legs with Quad Focus
All exercises are 4 sets of 6-8 reps.

1. Deep Squats
2a. Wide Smith Machine Squats
2b. Narrow Smith Machine Squats
3a. Walking Lunges
3b. Seated Leg Extensions
4. Single Leg Leg Extensions
5. Cable Leg Abduction


Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Rest
I spent the day out working with my husband laying cable and shovelling dirt followed by 3 hours of housework, so I didn't bother doing an arm workout on top of it.


What is my plan for next week?
I am going to be increasing my calories and moving into a lean bulk. Since I maintained my weight this week I am assuming my maintenance is around 2000-2100ish calories. I will eat at a surplus on workout days (2300) and will eat at maintenance on rest days. Depending on my weight next week, I may increase my calories on workout days to 2300. My aim is to gain lean muscle while minimising fat gain. My weight goal is to gain around 250-500g (0.5-1lb) per week.

I will also be dropping the Quadralean and adding the testosterone booster/hormone regulator 'Halotropin' to my supplement stack which should arrive on Tuesday. Being on the contraceptive pill for 8 years has had a huge impact on my hormones and testosterone levels which makes it difficult to gain muscle and lose fat (I have also been getting terrible headaches from the pill as well). Losing fat and gaining muscle is not impossible to do on the pill, it just takes a very long time and my body does everything it can to hold on to fat due to the high oestrogen levels. Anyways that is a whole different topic that I will cover in another post. I am excited to give my body a break from synthetic hormones and see how it responds with the extra testosterone.


No comments:

Post a Comment